Parenting Australia

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Still born baby - Natural deliver or Csection
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Still born baby - Natural deliver or Csection
Still born baby - Natural deliver or Csection 4 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 5
Pondering again.

I just read an article about a ladies experience in having to deliver a baby whos heart had stopped beating. It is so very sad, especially as it happed to a friend of mine only 3 years ago.

After having one baby naturally with lots of drugs and one via Csection. I have a fair idea of how it all works.

I cant belive they advised her on going ahead with a natural delivery. To me a Csection scar would represent the baby that was once within, like a tatoo. + hours of labour would be so traumatic. The hardest part of a cesar is the first few nights with the new baby, but after a stillbirth that should not be a problem. I know I would not want to do to much anyway.

Im curious - What would you do if faced with the same situation?
rizoleey
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Mother of two with so much to do. (but dont we all?)

Re:Still born baby - Natural deliver or Csection 4 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 1
Hi Rizoleey,

My oh my you certainly do ponder alot. . lol

This one certainly touches me personally as I have been in this situation where I had to deliver my little man whom at died at 18 weeks, for me this happened 16 yrs ago but it still feels like yesterday.

I was not given a choice and was induced. Looking back I can't even begin to think of what choice I would have made if given the option of C-Section or a natural delivery and to be honest when you are in that situation your brain really isn't in a good place to have to decide anything.

My understanding however is that a natural delivery is best because it allows our bodies to go through the process that it has to go through. A natural delivery allows our bodies to go through the loss of a pregnancy along with the hormones etc, so from that point of view it would be far more beneficial for our bodies.

Having my little man naturally was pure and utter hell and back then he wasn't even seen as a baby,there was no funeral, no burial infact there wasn't anything. I didn't even get to see or hold my little man and I wasn't even told of the sex until a few months later when I demanded to know. Back then if your baby didn't take a breath then it wasn't considered as living.

Thankfully this has now all changed, women today now get the choice to hold their lost child, to mourn and to bury their baby and this is how it should be.

As to the choice about C-section v's normal delivery, I really don't see a problem, if a person asks for a c-section then they are entitled to one. A friends sister recently lost her child at 26 weeks and she asked for a c-section as she thought this would be easier BUT now every time she looks at herself in a mirror the scar is always there and for some this in itself is far to much to handle. The choice is a personal one BUT I would urge every woman to think about the choice carefully . .

As for me, I know have 3 girls all of which were delivered by c-sections, ironic really. I've also since held a private ceremony for my son and also given him a name. Daniel will forever be part of our lives.

Cheers Kellz
Kellzacar
"Live today for today and wait for tomorrow"
graphgraph

Re:Still born baby - Natural deliver or Csection 4 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 5
So sad Kellz, hugs for you.,

amazingly everyone seems to know one or two people who have had still births, or late term miscariages. Yet nothing is really ever talked about what to do and how to recover if it should ever happen, and in the time when thought would be clouded with emotion. I guess when we are pregnant we never really want to think worst case.
rizoleey
graphgraph
Mother of two with so much to do. (but dont we all?)

Go to topPage: 1

Search Site

Latest Comments

1. Re: How To Tell If You Are Pregnant - Early signs

Posted on Saturday, 05 April 2014 by anonymous.

Hi my husband and i have been trying for...

2. Re: How To Tell If You Are Pregnant - Early signs

Posted on Tuesday, 11 March 2014 by jam.

Hi i had my period last feb 11, im irregular.....